Saturday, February 5, 2011

2ww (2 week wait)

This is my firs time blogging so here goes. I'm sure this will be confusing as i am starting in the middle of my journey.

The things i am learning during this 2 week waiting period are blowing my mind! So far my experiences with the surrogacy company and clinics, aside from the monitoring clinic here, have been wonderful. The people are friendly and genuinely want to see you get positive results. The IPs are the most amazing people i have had the privilege to get to know. They don't treat me like an "employee" as i have read some IPs treat their surrogates. They really do care about me and this has been apparent to me from the get go but has been voiced to me by friends who have had the privilege to meet them.

On Wednesday my progesterone test results were over 20.... this is what i think that means...
First Trimester 10-90 ng/ml Average is about 20 at 4 weeks LMP, and 40 at 14 weeks LMP. It is important to note that while a higher progesterone level corresponds with higher pregnancy success rates, one cannot fully predict outcome based on progesterone levels. Progesterone supplementation is unlikely to help if started after a positive pregnancy test.

here is day by day what happens after a 3 day embryo transfer
1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT

No comments:

Post a Comment